You are not signed-in.Staff Sign In 
Application logo

Skip Navigation Links
Contact Us

Immunizations - Frequently Asked Questions



If I decide to get the required vaccinations for my child, do I need an appointment at my ADH local health department to get them?


Yes, please call your local health department to schedule an appointment for vaccinations.  Call 1-800-462-0599 to find out the closest health clinic or contact your health care provider.

If my insurance doesn't cover vaccinations, is there a program that will provide vaccines to my child at no cost?

Yes, the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program gives vaccinations to children whose families are uninsured, uninsured for vaccines, or who cannot afford them. The goal is to make sure all children get their vaccines on time. The VFC Program provides all the vaccines that are officially recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP). These vaccines protect babies, young children, and teenagers from 16 different diseases.


The cost of the VFC Program and the vaccine is paid for by the US Government. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) uses the money received from the government to buy vaccines at a discount. The vaccine is sent to the Arkansas Department of Health for distribution to all VFC Providers in the state at no cost.


How do I get a copy of my shot record, the shot record of my child or a child under my guardianship?

Email us at the Arkansas Department of Health or call 1-800-574-4040 to request the release form be faxed or mailed to you.  You can also visit the local health unit in your county


 NOTE: The person requesting the shot record must be a responsible party on record.


When are flu shots needed and where do I get them?

Get your flu shot each year beginning early Fall. They are available in local health departments and many physician offices and pharmacies. For a list of all mass and school flu clinics conducted by ADH, go to       

What are the immunizations required by the Arkansas Board of Health for attendance at Arkansas colleges, schools and daycare?


Click here to see Immunization Requirements for Daycares and Schools.